Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Showing Off My Artistic Abilities

Hmm...when was the last time I painted a picture...high school maybe? Well this next cake called for me to whip out the paintbrush and brush up on my techniques...copying a drawing from a sorority's promotional material. But I must say it was fun, and edible! As I painted the whole Cleopatra using food coloring and made it easy for myself by drawing a light stencil into the fondant before drawing. Note: If you make a mistake and paint outside of the lines with food coloring...it's not so easy to remove it, so TREAD CAREFULLY. I also watched a few more youtube videos on covering square shaped fondant cakes before starting this project because I was tired of coping with wrinkles and ripped corners and boy did those help! Check it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment